Re: [gtk-osx-users] New build system (continued).

On Apr 14, 2019, at 8:48 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello John,

Based on gtk-osx-setup.sh installation from last week, I run 'jhbuild bootstrap" (just to give a try ;-),
as you wrote in Readme it ran into error with the lack of "xz" in my case, so I ran "jhbuild -m
/path/to/gtk-osx/modulesets-stable/bootstrap.modules build meta-bootstrap" with more success.

But I had 2 errors:
1) One conftest crashed during bison 3.0.4 configure, see screen capture below:
<Capture d’écran 2019-04-14 à 10.37.21.png>
The crash log displays:
"Application Specific Information:
%%n used in a non-immutable format string: %s"
I don't know if it relevant.
How to catch it more precisely?

2) One error during expat 2.2.0 configure:
checking for gcc... /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/gcc
checking for gcc... /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/Users/blady/.cache/jhbuild/build/expat-2.2.0':
When running inside jhbuild shell it gives:
checking for gcc... /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/gcc

So I've selected option 4 start shell and ran configure manually (.jhbuild-srcdir/configure --prefix ...)
and then selected option 2 ignore error and continue to build.
But I have more errors:
*** Building expat *** [18/25]
make -j 5
make: *** No rule to make target `lib/xmlparse.c', needed by `lib/xmlparse.lo'.

So I've selected option 4 start shell and ran make manually.
Then the same with install:
*** Installing expat *** [18/25]
make DESTDIR=/Volumes/Snowy-HD/Users/blady/Documents/Programmation/GIT/xnadalib-2019/_jhbuild/root-expat
install
make: *** No rule to make target `xmlwf/xmlwf.c', needed by `xmlwf/xmlwf.o'.  Stop.

So I've selected option 4 start shell and ran make install manually.
Where am I wrong?

Hmm, both built for me yesterday without complaint, though that was in a 10.9 VM with command line tools
instead of Xcode.

I don't know, I need to see more from conftest crash log and to see the actual reason that gcc failed. The
first you can copy from the report in Console, the second will be in
/Users/blady/.cache/jhbuild/expat-2.2.0/config.log.

From the crash log get everything from the top to the first 10 frames of the stack trace.

From config.log find the line "checking whether the C compiler works" and copy everything from that line to
"result: no".