[gtk-osx-users] Revised build system

I’ve got a working Pyenv/Pipenv build wrapper and I’ve pushed it to https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build in branch “pipenv”. So far I’ve just tested through building meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 and meta-gtk-osx-themes. There’s a new Readme.md there with configuration details, but one can just checkout the branch and run `new-setup.sh` to take the defaults, which keep everything in your home directory. You’ll want to rename ~/.local/bin/jhbuild because new-setup.sh will overwrite it with a new one that starts a virtual environment.

It mostly works, though there are a few issues that I haven’t yet figured out how to fix automatically, largely because I don’t have a solid handle on meson yet:

The first problem has nothing to do with meson, it’s the long standing bug in Python that adds ‘-Wl,-stack_size, 1000000’ to LINKFORSHARED even though that argument is only for executables. The workaround is still to edit $PYENV_ROOT/versions/3.6.6/lib/python3.6/_sysconfigdata_m_darwin_darwin.py and remove the argument.

Next, Pango’s meson.build sets a bogus '-framework CoreFoundation ApplicationServices’ on the end of the g-ir-introspection args. Drop to the shell and edit pango/meson.build  around line 144 to remove it from “extra args”.

Finally, gdk-pixbuf doesn’t set -module on the loaders build and so builds them with .dylib instead of .so, and then gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders can’t find them. That breaks the Gtk3 build, so rename them and run `gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache` to fix it.

So give it a try on your favorite builds. Tell me about any problems and if you come up with better fixes for the problems above tell me about them too.