Re: [gtk-osx-users] Module Not Found?

On May 10, 2017, at 12:34 PM, David Lowe <doctorjlowe twc com> wrote:

On 2017 May 9, at 20:57, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen fremont ca us> wrote:

This is more of a python nit: It's better to use moduleset = os.path.join(os.environ['HOME'],
'freeciv.modules’)

      Ah, okeh.  What i had was literally cut-n-paste from
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK+/OSX/Building#Building_Other_Programs with the small change from
“mymodule” to “freeciv”.  I have made the edit you suggested, though.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it.

yet jhbuild doesn’t like something…

[gtk@Daves-i7:~]$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/Users/gtk/.local/bin
[gtk@Daves-i7:~]$ jhbuild build freeciv
jhbuild build: A module called ''freeciv'' could not be found.
Usage: jhbuild [ -f config ] command [ options … ]

I did a web search for "jhbuild build: A module called '''' could not be found.” and got nothing useful.
What am i doing wrong?

You went for two babysteps instead of one, and fell over as babies so often do. You didn't define a module
with id="freeciv", so jhbuild doesn't know wha to do.
Have you run `jhbuild bootstrap` and `jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap` yet?

      Yes, per https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK+/OSX/Building#Procedure i did both of those as well as
meta-gtk-osx-core.

The first uses a special moduleset, but the second is universally required and will work with only the
'include' directive in your skeletal moduleset.

      Well, i looked around the modulesets directory to see if i could crib off an existing module but i
didn’t notice one that was simple enough to be my jumping off point.  Where is a good example of a module
that just builds a single application?

I think you mean "moduleset" that just builds a single application? All *modules* build a single application,
and a moduleset is just a container of modules. You can simply pick any random module that uses the same
build system (i.e. autotools or cmake) as your app, copy it into your test moduleset, and adjust the
dependencies, patches, and whatever to match your needs.