Re: [gtk-osx-users] "env: python2: No such file or directory"

On May 1, 2017, at 8:19 PM, David Lowe <doctorjlowe twc com> wrote:

On 2017 May 1, at 14:35, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

Apple doesn't respect that /usr/local isn't part of the distribution, so better to put the link in
~/.local/bin with the rest of the jhbuild stuff. Rather than putting it in the wiki I'll just add
creating the link to gtk-osx-build-install.sh.

Hmm, it's already in gtk-osx-build-setup.sh. Do you not have ~/.local/bin on your path as
gtk-osx-build-setup.sh recommended?

      Oops, there was a typo in .profile that mangled the addition to the path.  Sorry for the noise.
FWIW, though, SIP didn’t seem to bother the link in /usr/local.

I don't think SIP worries much about Python, so that link is just for "python2" which Apple doesn't expose
because they don't ship a Py3 anymore. In any case SIP is smart enough that symlinks don't fool it, you need
a copy of the "critical executable" outside the system directories. I don't know and haven't tested if SIP
considers /usr/local one of those "critical directories"; my caution against using it is that I've seen Apple
ship system updates that delete or overwrite files in /usr/local.