Re: [gtk-osx-users] install problems: python and https

Hi John, thanks for the quick reply.

On 8 March 2016 at 15:09, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
Yes, Python would need the OpenSSL headers in order to build with SSL support. There is an OpenSSL module,
but it requires manual intervention to build: The build will stop. Select 4 to get a shell, run `make &&
make install_sw`, ^D to return to jhbuild, select 2 to skip building again and 2 again when it barfs on
installing the man pages. Force-clean rebuild Python afterward to get the SSL support included.

I'll try this, thanks!

But why do you want to use your gtk-osx python for running jhbuild? Once you've got the link fixed just use
the Apple one.

The Apple one makes meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap fail for me, I see:

$ jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap
checking for python module libxml2... not found
configure: error: Python module libxml2 is needed to run this package
*** Error during phase configure of itstool: ########## Error running
./configure --prefix /Users/john/gtk/inst    *** [7/12]

I hoped the gtk-osx python would include this. And I remember (years
ago admittedly) gobject-introspection also had problems with the Apple
py. Perhaps that's fixed now.

John