Re: [gtk-osx-users] install problems: python and https

On Mar 8, 2016, at 6:53 AM, jcupitt gmail com wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing gtk-osx on El Capitan, 10.11.3. I've done this:

$ sh gtk-osx-build-setup.sh
add .local/bin to my path, fix up the python2 symlink
$ jhbuild bootstrap
$ jhbuild build python
point python2 at my new python build

But this next bit fails:

$ jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap
jhbuild build: could not download
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-osx/plain/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules:
<urlopen error unknown url type: https>

I think my python is somehow missing openssl support, does anyone know
what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, Python would need the OpenSSL headers in order to build with SSL support. There is an OpenSSL module,
but it requires manual intervention to build: The build will stop. Select 4 to get a shell, run `make && make
install_sw`, ^D to return to jhbuild, select 2 to skip building again and 2 again when it barfs on installing
the man pages. Force-clean rebuild Python afterward to get the SSL support included.

But why do you want to use your gtk-osx python for running jhbuild? Once you've got the link fixed just use
the Apple one.