Re: [gtk-osx-users] using gtk-mac-bundler with glade/ui file

On Jun 13, 2015, at 11:21 PM, kapal kardus <kapal kardus gmail com> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm new comer in gtk,
I have problem when create os x  app bundle using gtk-mac-bundler,,

I have included the ui/glade file in <data> like this:
  <data dest="${bundle}/Contents/Resources/builder">
    ${project}/../builder
 </data>

but when i run the app, the followeing error was issued:

 WARNING **: Failed to open file 'builder/builder.ui': No such file or directory

in my .cpp file, i load builder using:

if( ! gtk_builder_add_from_file( pcGBuilder, "builder/builder.ui", &pcGError )     )

    {

        g_warning( "%s", pcGError->message );

        g_free( pcGError );

    }

As a general rule you want to use the installed paths in ${prefix} as the source for everything that isn’t specific to bundling the app and you want to let the bundler put it in the analogous place in Resources, so that e.g. $PREFIX/share/foo goes to ${bundle}/Contents/Resources/share/foo. You do that by not specifying a dest attribute.

UI files are usually installed in $PREFIX/share/<appname>/, in one or more of builder, gtkbuilder, ui, or glade. Since most apps need most everything in their share directories it’s normal to do this with
<data>
   ${prefix}/share/<appname>
</data>

making the obvious substitution. You may need to do likewise with some of the apps dependencies.