Re: [gtk-osx-users] Building WebKit with GTK3.

On Sep 4, 2014, at 8:57 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Oh thanks John for the tip, I wouldn’t have thought that a module configuration is specific for the final
build.

Never mind, the build failed later:

 CXX    Source/JavaScriptCore/API/libjavascriptcoregtk_3_0_la-JSBase.lo
In file included from Source/JavaScriptCore/API/JSBase.cpp:26:
In file included from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/config.h:30:
./Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/Platform.h:1124:10: fatal error:
     'gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h' file not found
#include <gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h>
        ^
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [Source/JavaScriptCore/API/libjavascriptcoregtk_3_0_la-JSBase.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

WebKit build version is 1.6.1 as now it is 2.4 even 2.5 on http://webkitgtk.org.
Is there a chance that a newer version solve the error?
Then how to force one newer version to be built?

You can get the current version from SVN in modules-unstable, but that hasn’t ever worked without major
surgery. The WebKitGtk folks have in the past been extremely hostile to (to the extent of deliberately
breaking) building with gtk-quartz, so rather extensive patching has been required. It’s several days work
and hasn’t been a priority for me to do so, so I haven’t. On the other hand they’ve been making nicer noises
on the mailing list in the last couple of months, so maybe you’ll get lucky.