Re: [gtk-osx-users] cut/copy/paste accelerators on Mac

On 2014-12-26 22:39:51 +0000, John Ralls said:

Another thought occurred to me: You said that setting gtk-key-theme-name=“Mac” in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 doesn’t work in the (rather ancient) Gtk+ built by Homebrew. Maybe there’s a message there, that Homebrew tampers with the gtk source in a misguided effort to provide the functionality in a different way.

You say "rather ancient". To be honest, I'm at a bit of a loss trying to understand Gtk+ versioning. I was under the impression 2.24 was the last Gtk+ 2 version. Homebrew offers 2.24.25, which is the last 2.24 version, AFAICS. But now I see the Gtk+ FTP also has 2.9x folders, but the dates on those source archives are much older.

As for Homebrew tampering with the Gtk source, there's no patches being applied in any case:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/gtk%2B.rb

What *is* the recommended way for running Gtk+ 2 and PyGtk on Mac, as there seem to be no Mac binaries provided on the Gtk+ site? I tried a packaged PyGTK (including a Gtk+ 2.24) before, but that was very unstable running Zim (crashes on resizing windows, for example).

Best regards,
Brecht