Re: [gtk-osx-users] Building Glade on MaxOS 10.9.

On Aug 4, 2014, at 11:24 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Many thanks John, all is ok now.

You’re right, Python have to be installed at first with MacOS 10.9 as an error is issued while
bootstrapping:
$ jhbuild bootstrap
 CCLD   libxsltmod.la
ld: library not found for -lpython2.7

May I suggest that documentation needed to be more precise on this point with MacOS 10.9.
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/OSX/Building

Looks like you’re using the bootstrap.modules that ships with jhbuild rather than the one from gtk-osx-build.
Run gtk-osx-build-setup.sh again, and make sure that you use the jhbuild that it installs. Jhbuild's
modulessets don’t work on OSX.

I also read in the documentation an issue with libiconv from MacOS. Is there a way to report these points
to Apple? In order to have a ”small” chance that there will be fixed ;-)

There’s https://bugreport.apple.com/problem/viewproblem, but the chance of something like that being fixed is
infinitesimal. The missing 64-bit symbols in libiconv dates back to 10.7, has been reported to them on
several occasions, and is still there in 10.9.

PS for French (or non English speakers), Glade make puts locales in /lib instead of /share, for instance, a
simple copy from ~/gtk/inst/lib/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/glade.mo to ~/gtk/inst/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES
fixes this drawback.

That’s a bug in Glade. Take a look at the prefix locations when you run ./configure —help:
  --datarootdir=DIR       read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]
  --infodir=DIR           info documentation [DATAROOTDIR/info]
  --localedir=DIR         locale-dependent data [DATAROOTDIR/locale]

Clearly not true. Please file a bug.

Regards, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr