Re: [gtk-osx-users] install_name_tool error when bundling

On Mar 25, 2013, at 7:16 AM, cch (english) <cch heonium com> wrote:

Hello,

I try to bundle a pygtk application on mac osx lion mountain with gtk-mac-bunbler and when i run it the
following error appear. Seeing this I try bundler the demo app and I get the same error.

Does anyone have a working track to solve this problem.

install_name_tool: can't open input file:
/Users/gtkosx5/Desktop/.PyGtkDemo.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libpython2.7.dylib for writing (Permission
denied)
install_name_tool: can't lseek to offset: 0 in file:
/Users/gtkosx5/Desktop/.PyGtkDemo.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libpython2.7.dylib for writing (Bad file
descriptor)
install_name_tool: can't write new headers in file:
/Users/gtkosx5/Desktop/.PyGtkDemo.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libpython2.7.dylib (Bad file descriptor)
install_name_tool: can't close written on input file:
/Users/gtkosx5/Desktop/.PyGtkDemo.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libpython2.7.dylib (Bad file descriptor)

thank you very much

Yes, it's a permissions issue. Python wrote their makefile to install libpython read-only and the bundler
needs to change its internal rpaths. Just
  chmod +w $PREFIX/lib/libpython2.7.dylib
and re-run the bundler.