Re: [gtk-osx-users] Installing gtk on Mountain Lion (10.8.2) fails

On Mar 15, 2013, at 2:11 AM, Simon Martin <S J Martin lboro ac uk> wrote:

Hi
thanks for the helpful comments/suggestions.

I have tried Mike's suggestion of using the SF version of the script and the updated one that John has put
in the git repository.

They both seem to run OK and jhbuild seems to work.

Now I get problems with the build process. A few of the parts do not work. If I choose the option to skip
over these modules then I get some form of gtk but the pygtk build process appears to need some of these
missing parts and fails in a big way.

I have put summaries of the errors that are thrown up below in the hope that someone can spot what is going
wrong. It may well be that fixing the first error will make the others go away.

I have the latest Xcode installed and my python is 2.7.2

Cheers

Simon

jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

make
*** Installing gtk-osx-docbook *** [2/15]
make install
./install.sh
sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence

    import libxml2mod
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/simonmartin/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libxml2mod.so, 2): no suitable
image found.  Did find:
/Users/simonmartin/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture
make[2]: *** [de/gnome-doc-make.xml] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** Error during phase build of gnome-doc-utils: ########## Error running make   *** [9/15]

Don't skip. There's nothing in the build that you don't need.

The problem seems to be that you've somehow built some packages with one architecture (the choices being
x86_64 and i386) and are trying to build later packages with the other one. The easiest thing to do is to
delete /Users/simonmartin/gtk and start over.