Re: [gtk-osx-users] Sorting in GtkFileChooser is broken

On Mar 2, 2013, at 12:33 PM, Steffen Gutmann <muibase yahoo com> wrote:

Hi John,

I just rebuilt unstable master (Gtk3) and the sorting problem has gone away, so

I guess it's been fixed. Since my Gtk2 test was also with the gtk-2-24 HEAD
a couple of days ago, I suspect that that's why it worked OK for me and not
you.

I looked a bit deeper into this and in gtkfilechooserdefault.c I replaced

g_value_take_string (value, g_utf8_collate_key_for_filename (g_file_info_get_display_name (info), -1));

by

        g_value_take_string (value, g_utf8_collate_key (g_file_info_get_display_name (info), -1));

However, this also does not give a correct sorting of filenames.

Might the problem be in glib maybe?

I am using the stable gtkosx codeset with gtk+-2.24.13  and glib-2.34.1.

Try an unstable gtk2 and see if it works there. You shouldn't be working bugs on tarballs, only on git HEADs.

If it's still broken, then make a little test program with just those code snippets sorts the list correctly.