Re: [gtk-osx-users] [Gtk-osx-users] Problem with pycairo-python

On Jun 29, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Felix Krause <flyx isobeef org> wrote:

On 30.06.2013, at 00:23, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

I'm no waf expert, but it appears to me that the only way to get it to set CFLAGS from the environment is
to rewrite the wscript, and since I'm no waf expert I find
it easier to just build a single-architecture Python. Unfortunately for your case, Python needs to be
built early in the process or dependencies get screwed up, so you should wipe out your source and
installation (prefix) trees and start over, with python in the list of modules to build this time. The
list I just used is:
meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap, python, meta-gtk-osx-core, meta-gtk-osx-python.

After wiping source and installation and trying to build this list with jhbuild, I get this when building
libxslt:

[...]
Making all in python
Making all in .
SRCDIR=. /Users/Felix/gtk/inst/bin/python ./generator.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./generator.py", line 923, in <module>
   buildStubs()
 File "./generator.py", line 405, in buildStubs
   (parser, target)  = getparser()
 File "./generator.py", line 26, in getparser
   parser = xml.sax.make_parser()
 File "/Users/Felix/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 93, in make_parser
   raise SAXReaderNotAvailable("No parsers found", None)
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found
make[3]: *** [gen_prog] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

When that happens (and it doesn't every time) I clean and rebuild python from the shell:
  [1] Rerun phase build
  [2] Ignore error and continue to install
  [3] Give up on module
  [4] Start shell
  [5] Reload configuration
  [6] Go to phase "wipe directory and start over"
  [7] Go to phase "clean"
  [8] Go to phase "distclean"
choice: 4
cd ../Python-2.7.3
make distclean && ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-system-expat --enable-shared && make && make install
exit

The prompt above will get repeated; pick 7 and it should be happy.

Also, if meta-gtk-osx-python is not able to build without building your own python first, I'd suggest to
add this info to https://wiki.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/Python .

Hmm. That's gotten pretty stale: I think I need to redo the whole lot of it from a Lion-and-later perspective
with additional information for Tiger and the Leopards.