Re: [gtk-osx-users] [Gtk-osx-users] Problem with pycairo-python

On 30.06.2013, at 00:23, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

I'm no waf expert, but it appears to me that the only way to get it to set CFLAGS from the environment is
to rewrite the wscript, and since I'm no waf expert I find
it easier to just build a single-architecture Python. Unfortunately for your case, Python needs to be built
early in the process or dependencies get screwed up, so you should wipe out your source and installation
(prefix) trees and start over, with python in the list of modules to build this time. The list I just used
is:
meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap, python, meta-gtk-osx-core, meta-gtk-osx-python.

After wiping source and installation and trying to build this list with jhbuild, I get this when building
libxslt:

[...]
Making all in python
Making all in .
SRCDIR=. /Users/Felix/gtk/inst/bin/python ./generator.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./generator.py", line 923, in <module>
    buildStubs()
  File "./generator.py", line 405, in buildStubs
    (parser, target)  = getparser()
  File "./generator.py", line 26, in getparser
    parser = xml.sax.make_parser()
  File "/Users/Felix/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 93, in make_parser
    raise SAXReaderNotAvailable("No parsers found", None)
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found
make[3]: *** [gen_prog] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Also, if meta-gtk-osx-python is not able to build without building your own python first, I'd suggest to add
this info to https://wiki.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/Python .

Cheers,
Felix