Re: [gtk-osx-users] osm-gps-map

On Jan 17, 2013, at 8:32 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2013, at 7:57 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk hohndel org> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I have been looking for a jhbuild module for osm-gps-map and couldn't find one - and in the process noticed that there doesn't appear to be a good searchable repository of modules that have been developed (and are being maintained).
>>
>> Am I missing something? Or is the user just expected to write their own modules and maintain them over time?
>
> There's an osm-gps-map module in https://github.com/jralls/Gramps/blob/trunk/mac/gramps.modules , which is maintained as part of the Gramps project. Note that it still points at Serge Noireaud's Gtk3 fork, which was merged into osm-gps-map master last week. If you want Gtk2 osm-gps-map, use https://github.com/jralls/Gramps/blob/maintenance/gramps34/mac/gramps.modules .
>
> The widely-used modulesets for building a Gtk stack, a PyGtk/PyGObject stack, GStreamer, and some commonly used dependencies along with Gimp (used to test that a wide range of modules are in fact working) are the guts of Gtk-OSX. True, there's no index and no special search engine, but the stable modulesets are copied into when you run gtk-osx-build-setup.sh, so you can grep them.
>
> Beyond those core modules, yes, project maintainers are expected to maintain their own modulesets with the specialized dependencies for their projects.

So if I want to switch Subsurface to recommend using jhbuild I create the modules as part of my git tree plus a little wrapper that puts them in the right place and sets things up correctly?
Just trying to figure out what would be the "normal" way to do this so people can easily build Subsurface under MacOS if for some reason they don't like the precompiled binaries… in the past those binaries have been created with the gtk-mac-bundler on top of slightly hacked MacPorts packages but I want to switch all this to a jhbuild based environment…

/D