Re: [gtk-osx-users] osm-gps-map

On Jan 17, 2013, at 7:57 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk hohndel org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been looking for a jhbuild module for osm-gps-map and couldn't find one - and in the process noticed that there doesn't appear to be a good searchable repository of modules that have been developed (and are being maintained).
>
> Am I missing something? Or is the user just expected to write their own modules and maintain them over time?

There's an osm-gps-map module in https://github.com/jralls/Gramps/blob/trunk/mac/gramps.modules , which is maintained as part of the Gramps project. Note that it still points at Serge Noireaud's Gtk3 fork, which was merged into osm-gps-map master last week. If you want Gtk2 osm-gps-map, use https://github.com/jralls/Gramps/blob/maintenance/gramps34/mac/gramps.modules .

The widely-used modulesets for building a Gtk stack, a PyGtk/PyGObject stack, GStreamer, and some commonly used dependencies along with Gimp (used to test that a wide range of modules are in fact working) are the guts of Gtk-OSX. True, there's no index and no special search engine, but the stable modulesets are copied into when you run gtk-osx-build-setup.sh, so you can grep them.

Beyond those core modules, yes, project maintainers are expected to maintain their own modulesets with the specialized dependencies for their projects.