Re: [gtk-osx-users] Can't shell jhbuild on Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)

On Dec 15, 2013, at 12:15 PM, Måns Nilsson <mans_nilsson_65 hotmail com> wrote:

I'm trying to install GTK+ on my Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) laptop. I'm following the instructions at
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show//Projects/GTK+/OSX/Building?action=show&redirect=GTK%252B%252FOSX%252FBuilding#Procedure
 . I've managed to install jhbuild. However, when I try doing the command "~/.local/bin/jhbuild shell"
(without quotes) in Terminal, I get the following error messages:

        File "/Users/mansnilsson/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/config.py", line 247, in load
              execfile(filename, config)
        File "/Users/mansnilsson/.jhbuildrc", line 555, in <module>
              execfile(_userrc)
        File "/Users/mansnilsson/.jhbuildrc-custom", line 113, in <module>
              setup_sdk(target=_target, sdk_version="native", architectures=[_default_arch])
        File "/Users/mansnilsson/.jhbuildrc", line 295, in setup_sdk
              module_extra_env["pkg-config"] = {'CFLAGS': os.environ['CFLAGS'] + ' --std=gcc89'}
        File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 23,
in __getitem__
              raise KeyError(key)
      KeyError: 'CFLAGS'
      jhbuild: could not load config file

I've been intensely Googling for a solution to this problem. One user suggested that I have to edit the
.jhbuildrc-custom file, comment out all ifs and elifs for the _target variable's value, and just set the
value to "10.7" myself, but that didn't help. Why am I unable to run the command?

Because I screwed up and put the line about module_extra_env in too early. Fixed now, you’ll need to run
gtk-osx-build-setup.sh again.

I also dealt with the problem that “native” doesn’t work on Mavericks because it doesn’t provide
/usr/include. You have to specify an SDK, so I added that specification in jhbuildrc.

Thanks for the clue-bat.