Re: [gtk-osx-users] [gtk-osx-devel] Previous method for building gtkmm3

On Oct 21, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Jim Charlton <jim jimc dyndns org> wrote:

> On 10/21/2012 02:36 PM, John Ralls wrote:

>>> Thanks John:  Do I still need to do 'jhbuild boostrap --skip libiconv' or is the --skip no longer needed?  Can you make meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 a dependency of meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm so it does not have to be built independently?  I will hold off until you make your changes.  What is the status of the gtkmm3 package in modulesets-stable?  Is it similar to meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm in modulesets-unstable?  They have similar dependencies.  I tried it some time ago without success but I never worked on it long.
>>>
>> Please keep the discussion on the list. "Reply All" helps a lot.
>>
>> I've taken libiconv out of unstable.
>>
>> No, gtk+ and gtk+-3.0 need to be soft dependencies of gtkmm so that it can be built on top of either one. That requires that you include it in your build-list. (At least I think so… I'm trying that now.) Note that you can set up the whole thing in .jhbuildrc-custom so that all you have to type is `jhbuild build` .
>>
>> I've pushed the changes, so it should build OK for you now.
>>
>> It look like I had a misunderstanding about gtkmm versions being linked to particular versions of gtk. It's equally possible that it's *now* that I misunderstand… I'll get it sorted this week.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>

> Hmmmm.  Dang.  I thought that I had replied to the list as well.  I will try to do so in the future.
> The proof of the pudding... and all that.  I will give it a try and report back.  I will build meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm in "modulesets-unstable" and build gtk+-3.0 when it needs it.

And after saying that I sent it to the wrong list, and then had to subscribe you. Oh well, it really belongs in the user list anyway.

My gtk2 build completed happily, so I'll fix up stable to have only the one module.

You don't need to build gtk+-3.0 "when it needs it". Just add it to the command line
 jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm
Or, like I said earlier, put the line
 modules = "meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm"
in .jhbuildrc-custom, then you only have to type
 jhbuild build