Re: [gtk-osx-users] ige-mac-bundler, gtk-mac-bundler

On Jan 14, 2012, at 4:14 AM, Samuel Lelievre wrote:

Hello,

I was having trouble with ige-mac-bundler (installed using MacPorts).

$ ige-mac-bundler
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/bin/ige-mac-bundler", line 5, in <module>
    import bundler.main
ImportError: No module named bundler.main

After googling for the sources I get the impression that ige-mac-bundler is now gtk-mac-bundler.

Indeed, I found two pages
both saying
  This branch is discontinued, see

That url gives a 'Not Found' page, however I saw your github page mentions a gtk-mac-bundler project which is at version 0.6.1 with changes for 0.6.1 including
  - changed name to gtk-mac-bundler

I found about gtk-mac-bundler on this page

I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. Is there any way you can keep a simple page at
and/or
with a word about the name change and a link to

2. The news page
has
  NEW IN 0.6.1
  ============
  - Change name to gtk-mac-bundler
I suggest "Change name from ige-mac-bundler to gtk-mac-bundler" so that people can be sure this is indeed what they were looking for.

3. The page
says
  Gtk Mac Bundler
  ===============
  The script gtk-mac-bundler is a helper script that creates application
  bundles form GTK+ executables for Mac OS X.
Suggestion: write
  The script gtk-mac-bundler (formerly ige-mac-bundler) ...

4. On the page
several lines have a message saying
  Change gtk-mac-bundler to gtk-mac-bundler for transfer to gnome.org.
Should that be
  Change ige-mac-bundler to gtk-mac-bundler for transfer to gnome.org.
?

5. The page
has a line
  Change gtk-mac-bundler to gtk-mac-bundler for transfer to gnome.org. (John Ralls)
Should this also be
  Change ige-mac-bundler to gtk-mac-bundler for transfer to gnome.org. (John Ralls)
?

Maybe a too extensive search-replace took place! There's a couple of places where it's really the old name that should be there.

1. Don't email me directly. There is a mailing list for user support, gtk-osx-users-list gnome org. I've CCd my reply there for your convenience, but you'll have to subscribe to reply back.

2. 4 & 5: Oops, but once a commit message has been pushed to a public repository it can't be changed.

3. 1, 2 & 3: No.

4. One more thing: Gtk-mac-bundler is designed for use with installations built with gtk-osx. MacPorts is not supported (nor is Fink), except perhaps by the port maintainer -- but it seems he can't even manage to keep the package current.