Re: [gtk-osx-users] Pango modules not found

On Dec 27, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Steffen Gutmann <muibase yahoo com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have updated my gtkosx environment a few days ago and am also using the new gtk-mac-bundler 0.7.3.
>
> After bundling my application and trying to run it without the ~/gtk directory tree, I get the following error (with the ~/gtk tree it works)
>
> -------
> Pango-CRITICAL **: No modules found:
> No builtin or dynamically loaded modules were found.
> PangoFc will not work correctly.
> This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
>  '/Users/steffen/gtk/inst/etc/pango/pango.modules'
> You should create this file by running:
>  pango-querymodules > '/Users/steffen/gtk/inst/etc/pango/pango.modules'
>
> (MUIbase-bin:46315): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderCoreText', script='latin'
> --------
>
> The windows only show placeholder rectangles for all characters.  Any idea how to fix this?
>
> On another note, the following lines in gtk-demo.bundle (which I based my bundle on) are missing the 'loaders' directory as the last component before *.so.
>
> ---------
> <!-- Starting with 2.24, gdk-pixbuf installs into its own directory. -->
>  <binary>
>    ${prefix}/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/${pkg:${gtk}:gtk_binary_version}/*.so
>  </binary>
> ----------

Yes, you need to add
 <binary>
   ${prefix}/lib/pango/${pkg:pango:pango_module_version}/modules/
 </binary>

 <data>
   ${prefix}/etc/pango/
 </data>

to your bundle file. I'll update the examples in git shortly to reflect that.

You also need to apply this patch:
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-mac-bundler/commit/92cf914ff780704078ff1bb5e94bebd2f53e73c6

All of which is temporary, because Behdad says he's going to get rid of the modules and just link the necessary bits in for the next release.