Re: [gtk-osx-users] Focus problem

On Apr 14, 2012, at 1:04 AM, Steffen Gutmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed a focus problem that seems to exist since a while in gtk-osx.  I am running Lion 64bit with gtk+-2.24.9.  Here is how to reproduce it:
>
> 1. Start gtk-demo
> 2. Double-click on 'Dialog and Message Boxes'
> 3. A window with title 'Dialogs' appears.
> 4. Move this window over any other non-gtk window, e.g. a terminal window or Safari.
> 5. Click on 'Message Dialog'.
> 6. Click on 'Ok' in the new dialog window.
> 7. Now try clicking 'Message Dialog' again.  It does not take any input any longer.
>
> It depends on over which items the mouse is moved when clicking 'Message Dialog' again.  If the cursor moves over other GUI elements it seems to generate focus-in/out events that make it work again.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Shall I file a bug about this?

Yes, this has been around forever. It's intermittent; I wasn't able to replicate it following your procedure, but after I reread the bit about "if the cursor moves over other GUI elements it seems to ... work again" I recognize it.

If there's already a bug on this, I couldn't find it, so go ahead and file one (against gtk+, compenent quartz).