Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Installing dependencies in the jhbuild environment

On Aug 31, 2011, at 1:37 PM, Patrick McEvoy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build a Glade3 / C application that I have written for
> Linux on Mac OSX 10.5.8 and I have installed gtk+osx.  The program uses
> gnomedb for database connectivity. When I run .configure for gnomedb it
> results in error: libcrypto support requested but not found.  The mac
> version of openssl  version 0.9.7l  is installed.  Can I somehow point
> configure to the mac version or do I need to install a openssl for
> linux.  What is the best method for installing additional dependencies
> for the jhbuild environment.

It should be possible, but you might have to d/l openssl sources to get the pc file, then to hack it. It depends on how configure
is looking for it. Depending on what are your deployment plans, you might want to build a separate copy in you Gtk tree so that the same version is available for everybody regardless of what OSX version they're running, though that can introduce its own set of complications.

The best way to handle additional dependencies is to write a module for each of those dependencies and add it to the moduleset for your end target. There's a brief discussion of it on the Build Wiki Page [1], under "Building Other Programs".

[1] https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/Build