Re: [gtk-osx-users] GTK 10.4 compatible on OSX lion?

On Oct 11, 2011, at 10:23 AM, Gérald Niel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 11 oct. 2011 à 09:39, Gabriele Greco a écrit :
>
>> It seems that system libraries try to use the gtk app bundled iconv instead of the osx native library, there is something I can do to avoid this problem?
>
> Yes, you need rebuild without iconv: jhbuild bootstrap --skip=libinconv.
> There's same issue on Lion.
>
> With witch version of XCode have you build GTK ? I can't build with 10.4 target on Snow Leopard or Lion.

You can also add the line
skip.append("libiconv")
to your .jhbuildrc-custom.

This may not work with a Tiger build, as Tiger shipped an older version of libiconv (2.2.0 vs. 2.4.0) than Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion.

You can use the 10.4u and 10.5 SDKs from XCode 3 on XCode 4 with Snow Leopard, but not XCode 4.1 on Lion. I see from the MacDev Center that XCode 4.1 is available now for Snow Leopard, but I haven't tried it yet and I don't know if the old SDKs still work.

Unfortunately Apple's deployment target magic only works on Apple's frameworks, not on the Unix libraries we depend upon, so the oldest version SDK you build with is the oldest OS version you can run on.