Re: [Gtk-osx-users] gtksourceview build error.

On May 10, 2011, at 4:49 PM, san hoi wrote:

> Configuration:
>
> 	Source code location:	.
> 	Compiler:		gcc
> 	Completion Providers:	yes
> 	Glade Catalog:		no
>
> *** Building gtksourceview *** [1/1]
> make
> make  all-recursive
> Making all in gtksourceview
> make  all-recursive
> Making all in language-specs
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> Making all in completion-providers
> Making all in words
> make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> CC     gtksourceview-i18n.lo
> gtksourceview-i18n.c: In function 'get_locale_dir':
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:48: error: 'IgeMacBundle' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:48: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:48: error: for each function it appears in.)
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:48: error: 'bundle' undeclared (first use in this function)
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:48: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'ige_mac_bundle_get_default'
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:48: warning: nested extern declaration of
> 'ige_mac_bundle_get_default'
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:50: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'ige_mac_bundle_get_is_app_bundle'
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:50: warning: nested extern declaration of
> 'ige_mac_bundle_get_is_app_bundle'
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:52: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'ige_mac_bundle_get_localedir'
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:52: warning: nested extern declaration of
> 'ige_mac_bundle_get_localedir'
> gtksourceview-i18n.c:52: warning: passing argument 1 of 'g_strdup'
> makes pointer from integer without a cast
> make[4]: *** [gtksourceview-i18n.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I occured above build phase error. Occuring this error is macport too.
> http://old.nabble.com/-MacPorts---27923%3A-gtkintegration2-does-not-build-properly-against-gtk2-%2Bquartz-td30640660.html
>
> So, i try homebrew, It's compile successful!
> However, It's trasparent functionarity no work.
>
> Is there Tutrial how to build gtksourceview in jhbuild?

Please in future downsample your screenshots (maybe into jpegs?); there's a 50K size limit on the mailing list (that I overrode for your post). Please also note that this mailing list is for support of Gtk-OSX only; MacPorts and Homebrew have their own mailing lists and forums. As a general rule, if you have the same problem on more than one build system it strongly suggests that the problem is with the software you're trying to build, not with the build system.

Since ige-mac-integration doesn't export a variable called IgeMacBundle (it doesn't export any variables, just functions, and they use standard gtk style, e.g. ige_mac_bundle_get_localedir()), I'd have to say this is a gtksourceview bug. If Jesse's changes don't fix your problem, please file a bug against gtksourceview in bugzilla.