Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Updates for stable gtk-osx moduleset

On May 17, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 11:04:04AM -0700, John Ralls wrote:
>>
>> I don't update the stable moduleset very often because it's a lot of work
>> to test everything. Last time was the end of January, and it took almost
>> 2 weeks to get everything smoothed out so it's stable. Thanks for
>> offering your changes, but I'm not going to revisit it until late summer.
>
> For what it's worth, I've finally tried building gtk-osx with these updated
> modules and gtk-demo ran fine. I don't know how far you go in QA-ing, but
> at least basic tests are working :)
>
> I'm bringing this back because I'm not a big fan of having unstable
> development releases of glib (2.27.3) and gdk-pixbuf (2.23.0) in the
> "stable" osx moduleset. It's no big deal though, I can just use my own
> moduleset for now and rebase on yours when you update the stable moduleset
> this summer :)

I make sure that everything builds, then I try to build and run Gimp as a test. It's pretty demanding, so if I can get it to work, I figure the mainstream stuff is in reasonable shape. I also maintain the OSX distributions for Gnucash and Gramps, and a problem on either will get my attention, as will bug reports either against gtk-osx or Gtk quartz.

I'm not a fan of unstable releases in modulesets-stable either, but in each case some dependent package whose new features I needed required those versions. Both libraries have subsequent stable releases available, so I should be able to deal with that for this summer's updates.