Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Building PyObjC with Python 2.7 or other options to use the platform version

On 2011-05-24 23:17, John Ralls wrote:

On May 24, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to build PyObjC with Python 2.7 (I suspect that it's this Python version that is causing me my pain). I'm using it to get native file open and close dialogs.  So before pointing to a long build log files I wanted to ask some questions:
  1. Has anyone else tried to build PyObjC against Python 2.7?  I am building my own Python for packaging my app.  Any changes you needed to make?
  2. Would it be safer to build against 2.6?
  3. Is there a way to use the system PyObjC while everything else is in my bundle?  I'm loath to put this in my PYTHONPATH because I'd rather catch other potential errors then get strange interactions between things in the bundle and on the system.
Any other thoughts?

What has that got to do with gtk-OSX? You're more likely to get help with that on the PyObjC lists.
For the compile output sure.  But I wasn't asking questions about the compile errors. So I'd be interested to know if anyone had tried at least 3) or if its a silly idea.

--
regards
Dwayne