Re: [Gtk-osx-users] ige-mac-bundler and gtk_image_new_from_file

On 26/03/2011, at 5:28 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Shawn Bakhtiar wrote:
>
>> Thanks as always John,
>>
>> But I did try importing everything in the {prefix}/lib and it still did not work. That was my first though. At this point I am just leaving it the way it is, and move on, I am assuming that pixbuf is not the same as cairo? Doesn't that cause bloat? To have two libraries that do the same thing?
>
> Anyway, if it works in the build directory and not in the bundle, it surely means that either something is missing from the bundle or the app can't find it. (Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH exported in your bundle? OSX uses that to find loadable modules. I don't think it normally needs to be set for gdk-pixbuf, though.)

Speaking of environment variables, a whole slew (I wonder if there a tastier collective noun for these?) is required for GTK to find everything. Here's my setup, modelled on the ige-mac-integration example, which you may find useful to check against - especially GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE. Also note that some of the other settings may be redundant or non-optimal.

self_path=`dirname $0`
echo "Args are $@"
bundle_base="${self_path}/../.."
bundle_contents="${bundle_base}/Contents"
bundle_resources="${bundle_contents}/Resources"

# These really ought not be necessary but GTK_PATH
# is insufficient to switch our GTK tree. GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE may
# be redundant. PANGO_RC_FILE is necessary, as GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE

export GTK2_RC_FILES="$bundle_resources/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
export GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE="$bundle_resources/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules"
export GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE="$bundle_resources/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders"
export PANGO_RC_FILE="${bundle_resources}/pango/pangorc"

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${bundle_resources}/lib"
export GTK_PATH="${bundle_resources}"
export GTK_DATA_PREFIX="${bundle_resources}"
export GTK_EXE_PREFIX="${bundle_resources}"

regards,
Richard.