[Gtk-osx-users] gstreamer modules build problems

Hi,

I'm using the exact same instructions (*) I have used many times before
but something seems to have changed and has broken gstreamer for me:

$ jhbuild build gstreamer gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad
W: Duplicate repository: ftp.gnu.org
jhbuild build: module "'gst-plugins-bad'" not found
Usage: jhbuild [ -f config ] command [ options ... ]

$ jhbuild build gstreamer gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good
W: Duplicate repository: ftp.gnu.org
jhbuild build: gstreamer has a dependency on unknown "bison" module
Usage: jhbuild [ -f config ] command [ options ... ]

Why is it complaining about bison when I am building on 10.5 and should
not need to build bison as the version installed is OK (apparently).

The quick workaround was to simply use "buildone" on each module.
I've tried removing the "dependency" section in the moduleset file but
the error still came up!? (why is that?)

Unfortunately, buildone did not work for gst-plugins-bad and
gst-plugins-ugly, cryptic error follows:
$ jhbuild buildone gst-plugins-bad
W: Duplicate repository: ftp.gnu.org
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/MacAdmin/.local/bin/jhbuild", line 31, in <module>
    jhbuild.main.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/Users/MacAdmin/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/main.py", line 147, in main
    rc = jhbuild.commands.run(command, config, args, help=lambda:
print_help(parser))
  File "/Users/MacAdmin/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/commands/__init__.py",
line 123, in run
    return cmd.execute(config, args, help)
  File "/Users/MacAdmin/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/commands/__init__.py",
line 52, in execute
    return self.run(config, options, args, help)
  File "/Users/MacAdmin/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/commands/base.py", line
356, in run
    module = AutogenModule(modname, default_repo.branch(modname))
TypeError: branch() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

Last, a quick question: are there are any reasons for or against using
GCC 4.2 / 4.0? (beyond the obvious ones / specific to gtk-osx)

Thanks
Antoine

(*) If you want to reproduce exacly what I did, simply follow:
https://winswitch.org/dev/macosx.html
Minus the "gettext-fw" and "libgstosxaudio" quirks which are no longer
needed (nice!), I'll update the instructions once this is sorted out.