[Gtk-osx-users] Click-drag activation of submenus

Hi Everyone,

This is strictly speaking a GTK issue but I post here as you're all using it on OS X.

I've noticed for a while that the menuitems of submenus or popups are cannot be selected if the mouse button remains held after the menu appears. i.e. the user is forced to click to open a submenu before they can activate any child menuitems. (e.g code below).

I'd like to know if anyone has grappled with this issue and if so, whether they know if any workarounds, or even how hairy the underlying issue is? I haven't found mention of it as far as I can see in bugs.gnome.org.

warm regards,
Richard.

import gtk

m = gtk.Menu()