Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Are you using Enchant/GtkSpell using AppleSpell backend?

On 2011-06-17 16:11, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 1:05 AM, Dwayne Bailey wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using enchant and gtkspell for spell checking in our app.  This
>> works nicely on Mac but it doesn't use the Apple spell checkers by
>> default.  Enchant does have an AppleSpell backend if you pass
>> -DXP_TARGET_COCOA which I tried and just got some amazing tracebacks
>> which seem to be GCC trying to include ObjC code while compiling C.
>>
>> I'm busy asking for help from people over at AbiWord - where Enchant lives.
>>
>> Before trying to solve this on my own I was wondering if anyone had
>> tried to build Enchant with the AppleSpell backend?  I'm pretty sure
>> this would be helpful to others porting their GTK apps to Mac to make it
>> even more native by using the users existing spell checkers.
>>
>> If you are a bit more skilled at the GNU build toolchain and GCC
>> compiling then I am I'd love some help.
>
> Yeah, that would be great for Gramps.
> Isn't there a configure option to set the cocoa target that sets everything up for you?
Afraid not.  Seems like this is designed to build AppleSpell support
when compiled as part of the AbiWord xcode project setup.  So there
isn't any --enable-applespell - although there probably should be - just
the build time XP_TARGET_COCOA.

I have been delving into the configure.ac and Makefile.am magic but
first I need to try get the darn thing to compile.

--
regards
Dwayne