[Gtk-osx-users] ige-mac-integration-python build fails

After building python successfully on 10.7 and a fresh checkout of the gtk-osx build scripts, I've met some more failure; specifically, ige-mac-integration-python - which fails with:

checking GTK+ Version... "2.24.0"
checking whether /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/bin/python version >= 2.3.5... yes
checking for /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/bin/python version... 2.7
checking for /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/bin/python platform... darwin
checking for /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/bin/python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking for /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/bin/python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking for headers required to compile python extensions... found
checking whether to build Python bindings... configure: error: Couldn't find the required Python tools.
*** Error during phase configure of ige-mac-integration-python: ########## Error running ./configure --prefix /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst --libdir '/Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/lib' --enable-python   *** [29/38]

Per the configuration script, it seems that if have_python is set, which it appears to be per the checks shown above, I shouldn't receive this error.  So, I've temporarily set have_python in configure manually to get a little further.

Re-running the configuration phase gets me as far as building the python bindings for gtk_osxapplication, where I get the following:

Making all in gtk_osxapplication
/Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/bin/python /Volumes/Data/Users/gtk/gtk/inst/share/pygobject/2.0/codegen/h2def.py ../../../src/gtkosxapplication.h > gtk_osxapplication.defs
(                               \
            --register /gdk-types.defs  \
            --register /gtk-types.defs  \
            --override gtk_osxapplication.override                      \
            --prefix gtk_osxapplication gtk_osxapplication.defs) > gen-gtk_osxapplication.c                     \
        && cp gen-gtk_osxapplication.c gtk_osxapplication.c                             \
        && rm -f gen-gtk_osxapplication.c
/bin/sh: --register: command not found

Further tests reveal that  PYGOBJET_CODEGEN, PYGTK_DEFSDIR, and PYGTK_CFLAGS are not being set appropriately, though pkg-config does seem to find the the latter two, at least.

The same issue is experienced in building igemacintegration.

As I've described above, I have worked around the problem manually for now.  I'll investigate more as time permits.  Just wanted to share my findings.

Regards,

  Phil