Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Missing Modulesets

On May 5, 2010, at 10:50 AM, David Lowe wrote:

> 	After lots of mucking about, i decided to delete my jhbuild setup [including all ~/.j*] and start from scratch.  It's not as successful this time:
>
>> David-Lowes-MacBook-Pro:~ darlenelowe$ sh Downloads/gtk-osx-build-setup.sh
>> Checking out jhbuild (2.27.3) from git...
>> From git://git.gnome.org/jhbuild
>> * tag               2.27.3     -> FETCH_HEAD
>> Installing jhbuild...
>> make: Makefile.plain: No such file or directory
>> make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.plain'.  Stop.
>> Installing jhbuild configuration...
>> Installing gtk-osx moduleset files...
>> Done.
>> David-Lowes-MacBook-Pro:~ darlenelowe$ jhbuild bootstrap
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/Users/darlenelowe/.local/bin/jhbuild", line 13, in <module>
>>    import jhbuild
>> ImportError: No module named jhbuild
>
> 	In particular, Source/jhbuild is empty regardless of the above "Installing gtk-osx moduleset files...".  Is there some leftover configuration that is preventing this from being populated again?
>
> 	Also, is there a better way to start from square one?

Try (from $HOME):
rm -rf Source
rm -rf .local
rm -rf gtk
Downloads/gtk-osx-build-setup.sh

I just did that (except that I have gtk-osx-build-setup.sh in $HOME rather than downloads, but it references $HOME explicitly, so that shouldn't matter), and it worked fine.

Beyond that, I can't say. Not even having MacPorts or Fink installed would screw that up.