Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Wherefore Art Thou, Framework?

On May 8, 2010, at 9:31 PM, David Lowe wrote:

> 	Before building meta-gtk-osx-core, i built gettext-fw.  This is supposed to build a framework version of gettext, right?

No. Richard Hult (the original developer of the gtk-osx project) introduced the "fw" to the module name to differentiate it from the one in jhbuild's bootstrap.modules because he needed a separate package for gtk-osx-frameworks. Now we need a separate gettext module so that we can require a libiconv build, and it didn't make sense to change the name. It just overwrites the gettext installation built in jhbuild bootstrap, after first building libiconv.