Re: [Gtk-osx-users] drag from FileChooser to Dock panel applications (or Finder)

On May 11, 2010, at 5:02 AM, Alexander Ivanenko wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Porting GTK application to MacOS X (using GTK-OSX) I have encountered the problem: dragging from FileChooser to dock panel
> applications(especially, iTunes) does not work. The application I develop is an mp3-shop music downloader so I need an integration with
> iTunes, When I drag an mp3 file from FileChooser to Safari icon on the Dock panel Safari opens and plays the file, however when I drop
> the file on iTunes icon nothing happens. Is drag-and-drop part of the GTK-OSX port incomplete? Where I have to look if I want to patch
> GTK-OSX myself?

Yes, among other things the selection functions in gdk/quartz/gdkselection-quartz.c are only stubs. Patches should be submitted to http://bugzilla.gnome.org against gdk-quartz. Search first; there might already be a bug on this that you should hang your patch on. Good luck!

Strange, though, that it works with Safari and not withiTunes.