Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Building Gtk+ 2.20? [Success! :-)]

On May 25, 2010, at 9:07 AM, Jacob Ole Juul Kolding wrote:

> Jacob Ole Juul Kolding wrote:
>
> I got it working by changing the gtk+ branch as you said and leaving
> moduleset as unstable and then removing libxml2 from the ignore list.
>
> I now have gtk+-2.20.2 and glade 3.7.1 :-)

Good.

To make clear to others reading the archive, the moduleset directories "moduleset" and "moduleset-unstable" use VCS repositories and are therefore amenable to the VCS branch commands. (You'll need to look at the module to see which VCS it's using, of course.)

The "moduleset" directory has the branch set to the current release branch when there is one. If there isn't one, it uses the current release tag if there is one. Failing that, it points directly at the current release revision/hash. Unfortunately, the jhbuild config file branches directive works only with branches, not tags or revisions, so if the project isn't making release branches (and many don't, including Gtk-OSX) the only way to get what you want is to use a local moduleset instead of the ones in the Gtk-OSX repository.