Re: [Gtk-osx-users] jhbuild bootstrap fails

On Feb 10, 2010, at 1:22 PM, pizted gmail com wrote:

> Thanks! But I think I've already solved the problem. I did a soft
> link from /usr/local/bin/python2.6 to ~/gtk/inst/bin/python. This
> worked for now, and I didn't have any problem. Right now I'm doing
> the jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core, will see if everything goes well.
>
> Oscar C.

Good, that's the equivalent of telling jhbuild to make its own python. FWIW, jhbuild should build python on 10.4 unless it finds a newer python already present.

For future reference, what you have to do to troubleshoot the original error is to open a shell (selection 4 in the error menu) and run
"which python", which will print the path of the python it finds first. Remember that it's not enough to have a new python on the path, it has to be *first* on the path to be effective.