Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Failed to link xmllint undefined symbols _gzdirect

On 7/08/2010, at 11:17 AM, Gabriele Greco wrote:

> I've added the quoted section both to .jhbuild/cache/gtk-osx-
> bootstrap.modules and to Source/jhbuild/modulesets/gtk-osx-
> bootstrap.modules, but for some strange reason jhbuild always try
> to download libxml2-2.7.7, I've also grepped for libxml2-2.7.7
> everywhere on my home without luck... where I have to add this to
> fix the error on _gzdirect building a 10.4 compatible framework?

Oh, and I should have mentioned John Rall's superior approach which I
keep forgetting: specify a moduleset override in the .jhbuildrc-
custom file.

branches["libxml2"]="ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/
libxml2/2.6/libxml2-2.6.30.tar.bz2"

Upgrading or recreating the modulesets remains straightforward with
this approach, as they needn't be re-patched, and I'm fairly sure it
obviates forcing jhbuild to use the local moduleset. Sorry for not
bringing it up earlier.

regards,
Richard.