Re: [Gtk-osx-users] offline build

On Aug 12, 2010, at 8:38 PM, Richard Procter wrote:

> On 13/08/2010, at 3:29 PM, Gim Photo wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> i'm new user of gtk-osx, thanks for easy to follow Build tutorial.
>> i was success built gimp-2.6.7 by following Build tutorial.
>>
>> i have question about gtk-osx:
>> - i already built gtk-osx system and gimp-2.6.7 for mac, so i thought
>> that all required files to build it is already on my hdd but why each
>> time i run "jhbuild build gimp", it's look like jhbuild searching
>> internet connection? is that possible to rebuild the gimp without
>> connecting to Internet? because i'm not always connected to the Net.
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm guessing that adding the line
> 'moduleset = "gtk-osx"' to your .jhbuildrc-custom file will stop
> jhbuild going to the internet. It seems it must be told to use the
> local modulesets.
>
> Having built GTK, etc, you might also try "jhbuild buildone gimp",
> which skips (unnecessarily) rebuilding gimp's dependencies IIRC.

Indeed, the default configuration uses modulesets in my Github repository. When you run gtk-osx-build-setup.sh, they're copied to `/Source/jhbuild/modulesets. If  you include
moduleset=os.path.join(os.environ["HOME"], "Source", "jhbuild", "modulesets", "gtk-osx-build.modules")
then jhbuild won't need to access the net for the modulesets.

If you use multiple build directories, you may want to set tarballdir=/some/path so that you download tarballs only once.

You can also pass --no-network to jhbuild build or set nonetwork=True to your .jhbuildrc-custom to tell jhbuild not to try to download anything, nor to check repositories for updates.