[Gtk-osx-users] libiconv woes

Thanks for such a great project!

	I just got started on this a few days ago and am really impressed so far, particularly the way that jhbuild keeps the Terminal title updated as it works.

	I've run into a problem during the 'jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap' step.  During configure of glib i see this:

> checking for iconv_open... no
> checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
> checking for iconv_open in -liconv... yes

	and build ends this way:

> gconvert.c:55:2: error: #error GNU libiconv not in use but included iconv.h is from libiconv
> make[4]: *** [gconvert.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> *** Error during phase build of glib: ########## Error running make   *** [2/10]

	My system is like this:

OS 10.6.3
XCode 3.2.2 [with 10.4u and 10.5 SDKs]
/usr/lib/libiconv2.dylib [linked to libiconv.dylib and libiconv2.4.0.dylib]
/usr/include/iconv.h

	Are the last two items supposed to be there, or are they something that got built along the way and didn't get removed?

Sent from my MacBookPro

Every valuable idea offends someone.