Re: [Gtk-osx-users] newbie begs for assistance

On Jul 11, 2009, at 6:38 AM, Aron Weinstein wrote:

> In the prerequisites it says "Developer Tools (XCode) 2.3 or newer;
> 2.5 or 3.x is recommended. (Leopard comes with 3.0,"
>
> Do I need to open X11 and run the commands from there? I have been
> using the main terminal?

No, the whole point is to avoid X11.

XCode/Dev Tools is provided on the DVD for the OS, but isn't installed
by default. Make and the compiler are provided by Dev Tools. You can
either dig out your Leopard DVD and install XCode from there or you
can go to
http://developer.apple.com/technology/xcode.htmlhttps://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa
  , create a free account, and download the latest XCode from there.