Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Problem with GnuCash

On Aug 9, 2009, at 7:48 AM, Benjamin BERTRAND wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I followed the instructions detailed here http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz
>  to install Gnucash using GTK-OSX.
> "jhbuild bootstrap" and "jhbuild build" went fine. I got "success" at
> the end.
> But gnucash doesn't start.
> I get:
> "
> main: Error on gbr_init: Unable to open /proc/self/maps for reading.
> **
> gnc.gui:ERROR:gnc-main-window.c:2914:gnc_main_window_setup_window:
> assertion failed: (filename)
> Abort trap
> "
>
> gtk-demo works fine.
> I'm running 10.5.8 with Xcode 3.1.3 on a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo.
>
> I tried to create the bundle anyway to see what error I would get.
> Running "GnuCash.app/Contents/MacOS/GnuCash" gives:
> "
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libgnc-core-utils", message: "dlopen(libgnc-core-
> utils.so, 9): image not found"
> "
>
> Indeed, I can't find "libgnc-core-utils.so". Only the dylib was built
> (gtk/inst/lib/libgnc-core-utils.dylib).
>
> I checked several times but don't see what I could have missed.
> Any advice?

The /proc/self/maps message indicates a problem with ige-mac-
integration. Please see if it got built (look for ~/gtk/inst/lib/
libigemacintegration.0.dylib ). If it didn't, run

$ jhbuild buildone ige-mac-integration
$ jhbuild buildone --clean gnucash

Binreloc isn't really a big deal, but ige-mac-integration also moves
the menus from the window (where they don't work very well) to the
menubar (where they do).

But that's not likely to be the cause of the crash, which is that
gnucash couldn't find $PREFIX/share/gnucash/ui/gnc-main-window.xml.
Examine $PREFIX/bin/gnucash (it's a shell script) and make sure that
the paths in it are correct. Edit to correct as necessary. (Even if
they're wrong, the bundle may well work once it's fixed because it
uses a different startup script.)

The problem in the bundle has to do with the way the OSX linker works,
which is different from the way the Linux linker works. The solution
is to have available libtool ".la" files. You can fix your bundle
manually by copying $PREFIX/lib/libgnc-*.la ~/GnuCash.app/Contents/
Resources/lib, or you can download the new gnucash-
bundler-1.0.3.tar.gz which I just uploaded to SourceForge.