[gtk-osx-devel] Some issues & fixes on unstable modulesets

Hi all!

I'm trying to get Gimp master builds going on OS X 10.9; fiddling with the unstable modulesets for gtk-osx I've noticed a few build problems.

Here's a few fixes; please let me know if there's a better way to submit then than as github pull reqs!

https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/pull/19 - fix moduleset xml
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/pull/20 - fix python2.7 bogus patch
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/pull/21 - disable bzip2 in freetype
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/pull/22 - fix for patch for ragel

However I'm having trouble getting freetype to build, as there seems to be a circular dependency with harfbuzz's hb-ft submodule. Harfbuzz will build, but doesn't build and install its 'hb-ft' bit because there's no freetype, so when we build freetype it fails to #include the missing hb-ft.h ... Any ideas on resolving this cleanly?

Also, I notice that Apple no longer includes python libraries in the 10.9 SDK; they apparently recommend against linking to the system python now; this breaks things like libxslt which link to python2.7. Should python2.7 be added as an explicit dependency in the module sets, or should that just be a note in the build directions that you may have to explicitly build it?

Thanks!

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / brion @ wikimedia.org)