Re: [gtk-osx-devel] [Gramps-devel] berkeleydb not building - regression?

On Dec 23, 2013, at 2:31 PM, Ronan Waide <waider gmail com> wrote:

[This has actually been broken for a while, possibly since Gramps - where I get my gtk-osx-devel fix -
switched to Git]

Back in May of this year, berkeleydb was failing to build with the following error:
*** Configuring berkeleydb *** [1/1]
cd build_unix; ../dist/configure --prefix /Users/guilherme/gtk/inst --libdir
'/Users/localwaider/gtk/inst/lib'
/bin/sh: ../dist/configure: No such file or directory

At the time, the fix applied (by John Rails) was to insert an extra semi-colon before the ‘cd’ as for some
reason the build process was ignoring the first command (or at least this is my understanding of the
comment in the archives: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30866236 )

It appears this bug has raised its head again - a clean checkout & build gets stuck at this point with the
same error. Obviously I can drop to a shell and fix it, but it’s nice when this stuff works out of the box.

Drat.

John, in passing, I’ve been trying to figure out how I’d apply a temporary fix for this such that I can
leave my unattended build unattended; I can’t figure out the .jhbuildrc-custom snippet that would adjust
the autogen-template, and hand-modifying the $HOME/.cache/.. copy of the relevant modules file seemed to
have no effect. Any pointers?

For this you need to modify your local copy of gramps.modules to include to your local copy of
gtk-osx.modules instead of the one at git.gnome.org. If you don’t have your own checkout of the latter, you
can point it at /Users/waider/Sources/jhbuild/modulesets/gtk-osx.modules. Then you can edit
gtk-osx-python.modules in that directory to have the autogen-template that you want.

Regards,
John Ralls