Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] Testing Gnucash Intel 2.3.9

John,

The script still fails.  I think that it is related to a change in AppleScript on Snow Leopard.

The following almost works:

set appPath to path to me
set gnc_fq_update_alias to path to resource "gnc-fq-update" in bundle appPath
set gnc_fq_update to (POSIX path of gnc_fq_update_alias)

tell application "Terminal"
do script "sudo " & quoted form of POSIX path of gnc_fq_update
end tell

But fails after opening a terminal and I type my root password with
sudo: /Applications/Intel/FinanceQuoteUpdate.app/Contents/Resources/gnc-fq-update: command not found

because gnc-fq-update is an alias to /Users/john/Gnucash Intel 2.3.10/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update
(which I'm assuming is the path to GnuCash on your machine).

So I deleted the alias and then made a symbolic link in the terminal:

> cd  /Applications/Intel/FinanceQuoteUpdate.app/Contents/Resources
> rm gnc-fq-update
> ln -s ../../../Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update .

Then double clicking the FinanceQuoteUpdate in the finder brought up the terminal
and after typing the root password, starting pulling from CPAN.

Can you embed a symbolic link in a bundle?  Or, can you manipulate paths
in AppleScript to look in the GnuCash bundle and not the FinanceQuoteUpdate?

Vince