Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] Latest stable libxml2 fails build on OS X 10.4

On Jul 20, 2010, at 12:12 AM, Richard Procter wrote:

> On 20/07/2010, at 3:23 AM, John Ralls wrote:
>>
>> Richard,
>>
>> Thanks. What about the libxml2 fix? Does that work?
>
> Yes, that builds fine.
>
> It is no doubt inelegant but I modified the moduleset directly:
>
>  <autotools id="libxml2" autogen-sh="configure">
>     <branch version="2.6.30" module="libxml2/2.6/
> libxml2-2.6.30.tar.bz2"
>             md5sum="cbc6d381daaa836b90a7ab449c1bc1ae"/>
>   </autotools>
>
>> ftp.remotesensing.org does seem to be down. Their mirror at http://
>> dl.maptools.org/dl/libtiff/ is up.
>
> Good to know.
>
>> Dang. There should be a define for NSUInteger. I'll have to write a
>> patch for it. (You can fix it locally with
>> #define unsigned int NSUInteger if you like.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> One other heads-up: when compiling 2.20 on OS X 10.5, there /seems/
> to be an issue with keybindings.
> In brief, the keyboard accelerators are being invoked by unmodified
> keystrokes into a GtkTextView.
> For example, typing 's' invokes the 'save' command bound to apple-s.
> Although everything works fine in 2.18
> it may well be an issue at my end. I'll try to find some time to
> isolate it and report back.

I hoped that you would try the modification to jhbuildrc-custom that I proposed, as I can conditionally set that in jhbuildrc. There's no facility for conditionally changing versions in the moduleset short of having a special Tiger moduleset.

I had the accelerator key problem with a gnucash build right before I left for vacation. ISTR that it had to do with the modifier key names getting changed between 2.18 and 2.20, and was fixed by redoing the accelerator map... but at this point I'm not sure even that I successfully fixed it. That may either give you a starting point or distract you with a red herring.

Regards,
John Ralls