[Gtk-osx-devs] Issue building libgcrypt on Intel Core i5

Last night I tried to use jhbuild to build gnucash-2.2.9 under Snow Leopard
on a Intel Core i5 and ran into trouble on libgcrypt-1.4.4.  The build failed on

mpih-add1-asm.S:47:suffix or operands invalid for `push'
mpih-add1-asm.S:48:suffix or operands invalid for `push'
mpih-add1-asm.S:78:suffix or operands invalid for `jmp'
mpih-add1-asm.S:113:suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
mpih-add1-asm.S:114:suffix or operands invalid for `pop'

My fix was to append_autogenargs("libgcrypt", " --disable-asm").

I wrote to John Ralls about this and he responded that it
would be nice if jhbuild knew the target processor so that
selectively disable asm.  I don't know much about jhbuild yet,
so I wrote this message in the hopes that someone has a suggestion
for how to deal with this.

The other option is to fix the assembly.  I think the issue is that
the assembly routines are for 32-bit code and I'm trying to compile
everything as 64-bit.

Vince