[Gtk-osx-devs] Testing Gnucash Intel 2.3.9

Hi John,

I started playing around a bit with "Gnucash Intel 2.3.9.dmg".  Should I post bugs here?

1. The biggest issue so far was that "FinanceQuote Update" failed with the error message

Can't make <<clas orig>> of <<class alia>> (alias "Macintosh HD:Users:vincent:
Desktop:Unstable:FinanceQuote Update.app:Contents:Resources:gnc-fq-update")
of application "Finder" into type alias.

I think it is just an Apple Script issue because I was able to

> cd /Users/vincent/Desktop/Unstable/FinanceQuote Update.app/Contents/Resources
> sudo gnc-fq-update

and the latest perl module was installed.  One note is that it complained a lot that I didn't
have YAML installed.  Maybe gnc-fq-update should install YAML first.

2. Is there a plan to move the gnucash preferences from ~/.gconf/apps/gnucash to ~/Library/Preferences/GnuCash?

3. For 2.4, will ~/.gnucash be removed since the contents is migrated to ~/Library?

4. When I File>Open my copied data file, I get a window with the scheduled transactions, but nothing
in the main gnucash window.  View > New Accounts Pages brings up the account view, but should
this be automatic?

5. "Apply" and "Ok" grayed out after modifying report options.
Reports > Assets & Liabilities > Advanced Portfolio
Options button
Changed Basis calculation method to FIFO
Clicked Apply.
Only way out was to click Cancel.

It seems more intuitive to hit OK.

Vince