Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] ige-mac-integration cocoa

John Ralls wrote:

>> I've patched most of ige-mac-integration to be able to
>> switch between Carbon (default) and Cocoa (for 64-bit):

> Super cool! Though I'm not sure that there's any real need for Carbon
> once Cocoa is fully working. I'll look forward to having that.

Should be a simple matter of switching defaults... ? The linkage
follows the conditionals, so it only needs one of the frameworks.

+libigemacintegration_la_LDFLAGS = -framework ApplicationServices
+libigemacintegration_la_LDFLAGS += @WITH_CARBON_FRAMEWORK@
+libigemacintegration_la_LDFLAGS += @WITH_COCOA_FRAMEWORK@

Some functions *require* Carbon on earlier versions of Mac OS X,
but those can be loaded at runtime there instead of being linked.

> Note tracker items 18 & 19 about handling multiple window menus.

Also saw http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/ticket/20
which would be the actual Cocoa rewrite in itself I suppose.

Is anyone working on the gtk-quartz-engine now ? I prefer the
"gray" look myself, but the Mac integration seems popular...

--anders