Re: Pango/GLib debugging in VS2015

6.06.2017 01:35 Jeffrey Sheen <jeffrey sheen00 alumni imperial ac uk> wrote:
 [...]
 The issue can be recreated by creating and destroying a UI dialogue a
specific number of times. Each text block in the UI dialogue is rendered by
creating and destroying PangoLayout and PangoFontDescription objects.

 As this is an intermittent issue, and at a glib memory management level, I am
not sure how to proceed.

 Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not sure but this sounds to me like an unbalanced g_object_ref().
It does not cause a crash immediately but repeated sufficient number
of times to make ref_count reach zero frees the object which should
still exist. Or if called once or few times does not cause an
immediate crash but causes another correct g_object_ref() to free the
object while it should still exist and eventually crash.

Really difficult to find but if you manage to fix it it will be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rafal